Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dress Up

Hello Halloween !

I’m not sure where the tradition comes from and besides “trick or treat” what is it really about this day. When I was in the State, me and my host family didn’t celebrate this spooky occasion. In fact they thought it’s all about evil and demon. And it shouldn’t be reason for celebrating. Thus when I was in Västeras we actually took it as a party option.

This year even though I’m in Sweden but there is no party or dressing up for trick or treating. I think people usually dress up in their lives already. Some people try or pretend to be someone else they are not. Or some people dress up to impress others. Since most of us playing dress up everyday already, so why doing it for this one special day. Maybe hiding under the mask or being in character makes it easy to hide your true self and let people see what they want to see.

I say “dress up for yourself” being who you are, is the greatest feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment