Monday, December 12, 2011

Do it myself Project : Collar Embroidery Accessory

A While back I spot this very cute collar accessories at COS but at the time it just didn't scream loud enough for me to buy it. And for some reason it hits me me not so long ago and of course it is a bit too late. So I thought to myself why not do it myself and even more important I can customize as I wish.

First I gotta find the core part, the collar. Where though, should I bought some 2nd hand shirt and just use the collar or can I buy them separate somewhere. And then I think of my favorit place, Old Touch. As I went to ask the lady there she showed me a big basket full of collars, some with lace, some simple style. So I picked a few. There are about 20-40 Kr. each. There I was happy and can soon start my little project.


Others are easy. Just pick the beads that I like and some good quality thread. You wouldn't want it to break half way and you have to start over.

The results are great !  I am very happy with them and can not wait to wear them over the party that is coming up. And guess what it will be the only piece in the world.

Cotton lace Embroidery

Such details it took me about 20 min a leaf



Free hand embroidery

Finishing piece


Cute & Modern

Vintage and Chic

1 comment: