Monday, August 2, 2010

Are you a little gay?


Being gay is not just about sexuality. And “gay” in my term include the gays, the lady-boys, and all the lesbians. From what I heard it’s a tough and cruel world. I think to be what they are taking a huge amount of confident, great courage and load of positive and optimistic attitude. I have always admired the one that pull it through.

Being straight might be just ordinary or too ordinary and many times we feel like we are the ‘normal’ one while in fact we are a little ‘gay’ too. We just haven’t realized it.

They invented the word “metro sexual” so that a guy wouldn’t feel so embarrassed to shop for his face cream and being little gay wearing pink. It’s good for a guy to take better care of themselves when they are already so conscious about their body so why not every other things else. FYI : color is good for you. You won’t lose your manhood when wearing color, you know. ;P If you feel good about yourself and you are confident then it doesn’t matter what color you wore or how much time you spend in the bathroom, you will still be a man. A little gay par just helps you be a better man. And by the way, men are so sensitive ! if you don’t believe me try scratching his beloved car or take his favorite jeans away then you will hear some drama.

Women spend a life time fighting to be equal to men. We are trying so much to be accepted in work and society. And this is why we are so competitive no less than men. A little man inside of us always telling us to push harder and prove ourselves to be as equal as men. We may never will be because being women is extraordinary itself and it takes so much strength to go through everyday life. While men are crazy about work and rush off to golf, football or hitting beers with the buddies, some women have to come home and be a mom and a house wife. Not every place has a maid or nanny. The double work ship can be very tiring. I know a woman who works wonderfully teaching other kids and come home to her 3 boys. She has so much energy and raising such fabulous boys that amazed me. I admired her and I’m sure there is many out there doing the same thing. Thus the strongest woman I ever know is my mother. She is truly wo-‘man’. She raises me by herself for all 20 something years of my life since my father passed away. She is definitely having a man inside of her.

Most gay people I know in my life are practically awesome! They really great in what they do either it is acting, singing, dancing, designer, or business man. I think the most important thing they are where they are success in career is because they have GUTS and they are not afraid to challenge the world with their ideas. Maybe it is in their nature to prove themselves to the world or maybe they see thing differently than we ‘straight’ are.

So maybe we all need to be a little gay to challenge ourselves to be spontaneous and bring out the best of the best. Either you are men, women, straight or queer; I believe “a little gay is good for you” and like Martha always said “it’s a good thing”

Photos were taken from Pride Parade,Stockholm Sat 31st July 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment