Monday, June 7, 2010

Vintage Digger # 1





For all those Vintage Digger like myself this gonna be some useful tips from me!
I always think of myself I was born in a wrong era. I always fond of everything vintage, clothes, decorations, cars and even people. I think vintage fits me well or maybe I have the face for it. When I was in BKK, it was about 3-4 years back when everybody went all crazy about “vintage” so it was everywhere and price was a bit more than I used to shop before. JJ, Wang-lang and the Border market between Thai and Cambodia were very popular Then the fashion dies down and it begins to be a little bit hard to find…thought that didn’t stop me. Vintage and second handed has theirs charm. They are unique, different and you don’t have to worry much about running into the same clothes as others. P’ Lek, the owner of Cheery Black store (located under Siam Movie theater – where it’s not much left now) introduced me how all these can be so fascinating. When the vintage era die down in Bangkok I have to admit I was a bit happy cause then I don’t have to fight with others. Flee market and cheap mall racks seem to be where I dig my time most. Always find something cool and FAB and sometime Branding as well. But then again.. I don’t follow brands they tend to follow me.

Now that I move myself to Sweden, Vintage shopping here is easier but yet more expensive because of the exchange rate and quality of the goodies. Though I have to say you can find some spectacular things here if you think it worth your style and money. In Sweden they have both “Vintage” and “Second handed” , both are value to me. Vintage can be super cool in color, style, pattern and cutting while many brand name items can usually be found in Second handed section. Basic brand here is H & M (No need to say) and other locals are such as Cubus, Indiska, BikBok, EVE, etc. Some brands are more expensive than others. Once in a while I would find some top brand and if I am lucky it will be my size. One time I found a pair of cargo pants by Marc Jacobs cost 45 SEK. (220 THB) but nop! Size 6 – No me!
It is almost like searching for treasure. I guess this is why it fun! Like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re gonna get. Sometime you gone home full of stuffs and sometime empty bag. Thus they could be a great inspiration for those who love fashion and design. Not only clothes we are talking but also some vintage furniture, house decoration and many more. Some time it just cheaper to buy things here as long as one at home is ok with it. I always say “Somebody trash might be somebody else’s treasure”.

Either you like Vintage, Modern, Self-made or seconded that should not stop you from your own style. Be true to yourself and know yourself first. Style doesn’t come out of latest magazine, TV Stars, some stylist or most famous singer. Remember it comes from your true inner self.
Will be back with more huting clues.. Ses snart!

No comments:

Post a Comment