Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vintage Digger # 3






Human Second Hand : Another organization that will help the world with our shopping gesture. They have both Vintage and second handed. The shop isn’t so small not as nice and so much stuffs as others but who know what you can find in the nowhere land. If you are in the neighborhood, I say stop by if you are far I say stick to one closer to you.



Röda Korset : This place was one of my favorite stop on the way to the city when I studied in Västeras. Basically it’s a boutique that belong to “The Redcross”. All the money goes to the foundation and we are sure making good karma. This place is amazingly cheap ! Their aim is to help people with low income having nice clothes, furniture, household things, textile, kitchenware and even some house decoration. You will be surprise of some of things you can find here. My theory is nice people with nice things like to do the good merit and giving to others with non-benefit organization. It is why some time you can get some good brand for a very cheap price. One is Stockholm is a bit far of my reach but it is not too far when shopping around Slussen is require. First time I visit the place I got this cute spring sweater from Massimo Dutti. Can you believe it costs 40 SEK ! I will sure make a visit there again. The trick to this one is “frequency” not all the time they will have cool things. It is absolutely depends on your luck.

Emmaus : The original shop first start in the late ‘60s, but now it has expanded into three stores; one children’s shop, a designer/vintage shop, and the general shop (the original Emmaus in Sweden). linked together. The shop is also another global organization. All items in the stores are gifts from the local community. So we have Vintage and absolutely second handed here. I would say it’s a lot close to Myrorna and the price isn’t far from it either. Vintage can be more expensive. When I first walk in the store it made me think of Good Will (the thrift store) in USA. The racks are organized by colors and type. I didn’t have a lot of time to explore this place much first time since I was short of time on my visit. Thus I manage to get 1 top from H&M last season that will make a cute dress. I plan to go back there again and see what they got for me.
So my 2nd visit for both vintage and general store. Vintage store was so charming with a card as a price tag and great beautiful clothes. Price is of cause a bit higher thus we understand. I found a lot of stuffs in the general store but only walk out with 3 items. They are more generally clothes with ordinary brand. Zara or Flippa K would be more pricy. I would say this is good for everyday wore drove. Oh also got a vintage looking belt for my boy and he really likes it.
Judy’s second hand : Let’s just say if you are into brand and good condition vintage things, this plce have them all lay out for you. From clothing to shoes and handbag and even accessories. Branding is top quality here and we talk about top brands as well. Chanel , Marc Jacob, Paul Smith, Cavalli and many more! If you have money to spend or feel like investing on the quality of the brand, don’t miss this place. If you think about how much you will have to pay for the first handed it is actually worth the penny. Or if brand is not your thing, stop by for good cozy shop and get to see all this wonderful things. And just a 100 m. away Judy also have a store for men. All stack up with cool looking sweater and rack for of shirts and suits/jacket. And all other things for men. I’m sure money will be worth spend here boy and you will only make one stop for everything. Isn’t this the dream idea.



Sunday Flea market at Hötorget : Or the Haymarket , a city square in the center of Stockholm. OMG! Gotta love waking up early on Sunday be-cuz of this. From about 9 – 4 in the evening this place is crowded with goodies. Don’t think all of them are selling their own stuffs but more like making a living of someone else trash. I think it’s about 10 stands or more each Sunday. Some are regular and not and more things add up every week. This is such a nice flea market for vintage. You gotta have eyes and good hand on this- seriously. Many junk is laying around and who know what you will find. Glassware, silverware, ceramic, jewelry, clothes, pottery, bags, belts.. you name it. So much fun just to walk around with empty handed home but I don’t think that would happen. This is a good place for souvenir as well. Got my lovely orange jacket and my brown leather bag here for 40 SEK in total. (But then again you know I bought more stuffs than that) Loving it! Clothing wise maybe not much but little goodie and house décor is definitely a place. If you get a chance to swing by the city on Sundy, make sure to make a stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment